12 Reasons to List now during the Holidays!
|Selling Your House in the Winter|
|Selling Your House in the Winter|
Lately, we see quite a few “For Sale By Owner” signs, and some owners think that selling their own home will not only save them money an commission, but believe they have an advantage over the sellers that have their home listed by a reputable Real Estate sales professional. Before you decide to take on this very important and legally complicated process…remember not even most Real Estate Lawyer’s recommend selling your own home yourself in today’s market. Here are a few of the reasons why:
1. You are limiting your exposure to potential buyers (less than 10% of what a good real estate broker will generate) which theoretically means your home will take ten to fifteen times longer to sell on the market.
2. The longer a home is on the market the lower the selling price is. Why? Because most buyers think that if the home has not sold after this long… there must be something wrong with the home.
3. The selling/buying process begins AFTER the buyer leaves your home. Most sellers think that all it takes is for someone to see their home, fall in love with the great decor… and the offer automatically will follow. Remember that the buying process begins after they leave your home. If a real estate sales representative does not represent the buyer, and they are looking on their own…they usually leave the home and start to talk themselves out of the buying process. Real estate professionals are trained on how to overcome buyers remorse–a very common occurrence.
4. Because of the limited exposure you will very likely end up with a lower selling price. Remember, in order to generate the highest price possible for your home… selling means exposure. You need the maximum exposure possible, to generate the highest price possible. Realtors have access to local newspaper ads, company ads, company/franchise websites, interactive websites with other Realtors, contracts with various web providers and TV, so you can have your home on Real Estate Channel, You Tube etc.
5. Most buyers find it extremely awkward to negotiate or even to talk directly with sellers and therefore avoid FSBO properties.
6. Lack of negotiating experience and lack of pertinent information often will result in a lower selling price, or worse yet, a bungled contract and possible lawsuits.
7. The majority of qualified buyers are working with experienced real estate professionals.
8. Many serious buyers will pass by a FSBO home merely because they recognize that it is not in the real estate mainstream, this can some times make them wary.
9. As most local buyers now retain an experienced real estate sales person to represent them as their buyer-agency, you will probably be negotiating against an experienced professional.
10. Expected savings in broker’s fees will also be greatly reduced if you offer a selling commission to entice real estate sales representatives to bring potential buyers.
11. If you are planning to use a Lawyer to help you negotiate the offer, then your lawyer’s fees will be considerably higher.
12. Only real estate sales representatives have access to the up-to-date market information. News reports cannot approach the timeliness or specificity available to real estate sales people. Further, real estate sales representatives are involved in home sales much more frequently than the average homeowner is. This familiarity leads to a degree of expertise that provides an edge on negotiating and successful selling.
13. You only pay the commission to the real estate broker, if they successfully sell your home at the price you are happy with.
14. Accepting an offer is one thing, ensuring a safe and successful closing is quite another. Real estate transactions usually always have problems on closing. At times, expecting the Buyers and Sellers Lawyer’s to fight it out or resolve the problems, can sometimes mean the deal is lost. This is the time that your experienced real estate professional, can be the most important. Your Real Estate professional can act as a great mediator. Lawyers MUST act only on their client’s instructions and are not paid to negotiate.
|Michelle Makos gets results !|
This is not to say selling your home on your own cannot be done ! But for the most part, people do not want the added stress and worry. There is also a huge issue with security. As a private seller, do you know who you are leeting into your home? When agents show your home, they are bonded and usually the people they are showing the homes to are qualified.
I wish everyone well who thinks selling a home is easy…. I personally take a lot of pride in my profession and feel that I work very hard for my sellers. If you decide, you would like to have a reputable real estate agent represent you in the sale of your home, please give me a call. I would be happy to meet with you and discuss what a professional Realtor can bring to the table.
It isnt just posting your home on MLS. There is a lot more that give your home the extra exposure you need to sell it faster and for more money ! Hopefully one day, I get the opportunity to show you what I can do for you ! Call me, no obligation. Michelle Makos 905-831-3300