12 Reasons to List now during the Holidays!
|Selling Your House in the Winter
I know alot of people that think the best time to sell their home is in the peak Spring Market. Just remember, that if you wait until Spring, you are up against a LOT of homes, and I mean a LOT of homes. The earlier you list, the better. Even January is better than waiting until March or April. Here are my reasons why !
1. There is less competition for buyers
2. Winter prospects are more serious buyers
3. Your home looks better during the holidays
4. One of the highest percentages of “listings sold” to “listings taken” occur during this time of year
5. You may receive more money for your home now, because you have less competition
6. Throughout the holiday season, you may restrict showings during your personal family events
7. Buyers have more time to look at homes during the holidays, especially during vacations
8. January is traditionally the biggest transfer month – and you must be on the market to capture that market
9. By selling now, you can have a delayed closing or extended occupancy until the beginning of the following year if you want to
10. When you sell during the winter you have an opportunity to buy during the spring, when many homes are on the market
11. You may have fewer actual showings, but more qualified and motivated prospects
12. Corporate transferees, who need to buy a home now, can’t wait till spring
“Buy and Sell with Michelle!”